Slinfold Neighbourhood Plan
The Final Plan Amended April 2019
Do you want Horsham District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Slinfold Parish to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The number of votes recorded for each selection is as follows:
Slinfold needs a Neighbourhood Plan to...
- Empower the Community
- Develop a shared vision for the Parish
- Propose where new homes, shops, offices and other development should be built
- Identify and protect important local green spaces
- Influence what new buildings should look like
Our vision is to ensure a sustainable rural community for everyone within the parish, embracing the countryside whilst providing for the future.
- Encourage development of quality services and business opportunities that meet the needs of the local community, and protect and enhance the historical and local rural environment
- Provide new and diverse leisure and recreational activities to promote engagement and well-being for all generations
- Encourage new housing development that prioritises the needs of the community and supports the ethos of rural living.
- Retain a village character with its individual vernacular, setting and green landscape
"If we don't have a plan, there will be a presumption in favour of development applications and our voice will not be heard"
"A Neighbourhood Plan must be community-led and evidence-based - we need your involvement!"
"We currently have 8 people fighting to save a village of over 2,000 people; we can't do it on our own."
" Slinfold's Neighbourhood Plan is a unique opportunity to shape the future of our parish."
"It will influence development in the Parish over the next 15 years"